Premium Quality Aluminium Downpipes
Our aluminium downpipes are manufactured using only marine grade aluminium for ultimate durability and performance. Aluminium is lighter than cast iron equivalents yet stronger than steel. The Flush Joint downpipe systems give a modern/contemporary appearance whilst the Traditional downpipes are ideal for period properties. Our downpipes are suitable for use with our gutter systems or can also be used independently with hopper heads.
- We have a range of circular and square downpipe sizes - all available in modern and traditional styles.
- All items are manufactured here in the UK by ourselves and supplied direct at industry low trade prices.
- Corrosion resistant and are suitable for use in any environment.
- 50 year functional life expectancy.
- Our expert technical team are on hand to assist with any advice required.
- Will never rust, rot or warp.
- All our aluminium downpipes and components are manufactured from marine grade aluminium.
- Impact resistant making them the perfect choice for schools, recreation centres and other public places.
- Polyester powder coated in fade resistant architectural grade paint for low maintenance.
- Aluminium is a fully sustainable building material and is infinitely recyclable.
- Suitable for domestic, commercial and industrial applications.
- Short lead times.
- The fire class rating of our downpipes is A2-s1,d0. This means they can be installed on any building at any height.
Circular Aluminium Downpipe (Modern Style)
Our Flush joint circular downpipe ranges are supplied with internal joint connectors that fit inside the next section of downpipe. This gives a smooth clean line appearance when the pipe clips are positioned over each joint. Ideal for contemporary/modern building design.
Traditional Circular Aluminium Downpipe
Our Traditional circular downpipes are supplied complete with cast collars that accurately replicate the appearance of cast iron downpipes. These downpipe systems are particularly suited for use on historic buildings and period properties.
Square Aluminium Downpipe (Modern Style)
Flush Fit Square aluminium downpipes give a clean contemporary appearance with joints hidden behind pipe clips. The pipe clips also space the pipe drops only 3mm away from the wall face making the system anti-climb.
Traditional Square Aluminium Downpipe
Traditional square aluminium downpipes are designed to be a direct replacement for cast iron equivalent systems. Each pipe length and fitting is supplied with a cast collar at the top to achieve that historic look and feel.
Each aluminium rainwater downpipe length and fitting is supplied with either an integral spigot (Flush Joint) or cast collar (Traditional) that fits the next section of downpipe. We recommend that each joint is sealed with a bead of silicone sealant (part code SU1), which anchors the pipes together and prevents any movement. A sealed joint will also stop air being sucked in through the joints improving the flow performance.
Downpipe Fixing Clips
We offer both wrap around clips and adjustable pipe clips for use with our aluminium downpipe ranges. The wrap around clips provide a 25mm from wall standoff whereas the adjustable pipe clips offer flexibility between 30-100mm standoffs.
For more detailed information please refer to our installation guides
Choose From Our Wide Range of Colour Options
Our aluminium downpipe systems are offered in a variety of colour options with our Textured black and RAL 7016 Anthracite Grey being stocked colours for shorter lead times. If needed, we are also able to source non standard colours and finishes to suit your project requirements. Non standard colours are typically subject to an additional charge - Please contact us for pricing.
Our standard colours are shown below:
Product Materials Specification
|Extruded Material:||Aluminium Grade 6063 T5|
|Cast Material:||Aluminium LM6|
|Paint:||Architectural Grade External Polyester Powder Paint|
Example Rainwater Downpipe Design Specification
ALUMINIUM PIPEWORK FOR EXTERNAL USE:
Manufacturer: Alugutter, Werran House, Caxton Road, Bedford, MK41 0LZ
Tel: 01234 978007
Reference: Traditional / Flush Joint aluminium rainwater system.Accessories: Bends, Branches, Access Pipes, 2 Piece Offset, Shoes, Hopper Head, Pipe Clips
Profile: Circular / Square
Size: 63mmØ / 76mmØ / 72x72mm
Type / grade: Marine Grade extruded aluminium to BS EN755-2: grade 6063-T5 pipe with cast aluminium sockets to BS EN 1706:
Finish: Polyester powder coated to BS EN 12206-1:2004
Functional life expectancy: 50 years
Fixing: – As per manufacturer’s instructions
Jointing: – As per manufacturer’s instructions
Product Specification Sheets
We also have our individual product specification sheets available for download as Word documents.
CE Marking is not a requirement for aluminium downpipes and associated products. Under current regulation, there is no current harmonised European standard and as such, are not permitted to carry a CE mark.
How To Clean Aluminium Downpipes
Powder coated finishes are extremely hard wearing and will last many years especially if looked after with periodic cleaning.
The cleaning process is very simple and we recommend that the downpipes are cleaned annually or every 6 months in a marine environment. This will keep your rainwater system looking like new for longer!
Top tip: Start washing from top to bottom to prevent dirt running down where you have already cleaned.
- Wash the aluminium downpipes with clean water and a soft bristle brush. Microfibre cloths also work exceptionally well!
- Do not use harsh cleaning chemicals or abrasive pads as these have the potential to damage the powder coated surfaces, reducing the life of the paint finish.
- Once the downpipe system has been washed, give it a good dry with another clean cloth and the system should be sparkling once again.
Downpipe Fire rating
All of our polyester powder coated aluminium rainwater downpipes are non-combustible and have a fire class rating of A2-s1,d0. This means that they are suitable for unlimited use on residential and commercial properties including high rise balconies.
Alugutter products are manufactured from marine grade aluminium and coated with exterior grade polyester powder paints. The aluminium will never rust, rot or crack like cast iron or steel equivalents and polyester powder paint is one of the most durable decorative finishes available. Our products have a functional life expectancy of approximately 50 years, and with minimal maintenance, the colour coatings can provide a decorative finish for in excess of 25 years.